Click here to access instructions for your vacation reading project.
Grade 11 English
Grade 11 English will pursue a worldwide range of written works in several genres. Students will workshop writing to better understand, explain, and evaluate literary and critical works. From literary analysis to creative
compositions, from comparative to persuasive writing, from debate to mock trial to formal presentation, students will explore various modes of discourse by which to critically analyze a literary text. Ultimately, this course will
examine the intricacies of story and self, as we collectively explore cross-cultural understanding.
Course texts include:
- No Exit by Jean-Paul Satre
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Selected Magical Realist short stories
- Antigone by Sophocles
- Additional handouts and readings throughout the course